The Pupil Premium Plus provides funding for the DfE policy to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and to close the gap with their peers.
- For the financial year 2019-2020, the basis of Pupil Premium Plus allocation to the Local Authority for Children in Our Care is calculated on a per-pupil from Years R to 11 basis: £2,300 per child.
The documents in the Downloads box provides further information about this funding:
- The conditions of the grant
- The role of the Virtual School Head (VSH)
- Circumstances in which Pupil Premium Plus will not be provided
- Management and Accountability
- Local Authority Level
- School Level
- Use of the Pupil Premium Plus
- Personal Education Plans (PEPs)
- Allocation of funding to school
- Early Years Pupil Premium
- Pupil Premium Plus for Children and Young People from other Local Authorities
In addition, and through a separate process, children who have left care to be adopted on a Residence Order or on a Special Guardianship Order will also be entitled to £2,300 passed directly to the school.
- This grant is outside the remit of this policy and parents or guardians of post-LAC children should inform schools, academies and education settings of this status so that it can be recorded on the School Census.
Further information can also be found by clicking on the links in the External Links box.