Blackburn with Darwen’s children's centres offer a range of services and activities for all parents, carers and children in line with the needs of the local community.
No one children’s centre is the same but each provides a core set of services including early year’s free early education, family support, outreach, groups and activities and child and family health services.
Advice and information is also available on adult training and employment.
To make sure that our centres are offering relevant, quality services to their communities, we rely on what you tell us.
If you would like to contribute to our planning, please have a look at the details below and contact or visit your local centre.
Children’s voices are very important to us as a service.
- We seek to influence children through encouraging their aspirations to achieve to the best of their ability.
- We support children and young people to give their views on the design and evaluation of services and respond to their comments.
- We actively encourage children to develop their own policies and procedures and ensure they are at the heart of decision making.
This a forum for parents, carers and local residents who are involved with the Children Centres.
The group meets every month:
- to discuss, give ideas and voice their suggestions around services which are available at the children centres
- to help the children centre ensure the community receives services and activities that they want
When becoming a member there are opportunities to undertake training, support and volunteer positions.
The Children's Centre Advisory Board in Blackburn with Darwen is a group of key people, including parents and carers that work with managers to ensure that their allocated children’s centre
- operates effectively
- to meet the needs of the children and families in the geographical area.
If you are interested in participating, please contact your local children's centre where you can find out more details.