Disabled Living Foundation
Disabled Living Foundation (DSL) is a national charity providing impartial advice, information and training on independent living since 1969.
It is a founder member of the Information Standard, a certification scheme for health and social care information.
Many of us know what it is to be older, or to have a disability, because it has happened to us or to someone close to us. At the Disabled Living Foundation (DLF), we’re here to help.
- The UK’s leading source of impartial information and expert advice on independent living.
- A national charity
- Over 40 years, we have built up an unparalleled range of information on daily living equipment and other useful advice for people who might need some help in living their live to the full.
With a huge range of equipment available, sometimes it can be confusing:
- How do you know what is available?
- Where do you go to buy equipment?
- How do you know what is right for you?
- How do you know if a supplier is reputable?
DLF provides all the answers to these questions.
You will be amazed at the sheer inventiveness of some of these tools for living.
- You can put your cat’s dinner on the floor without bending down
- You can remind your mum who has a memory problem to take her keys as she goes out of the house
- you can trek up hills even though you cannot walk.
- Local Offer Age Bands
Parents & carers
- Needs Level
- SEN Provision Type