Special Educational Needs Information, Advice & Support Service (SENDIASS) (formerly Parent Partnership Service)
SENDIASS is committed to providing a flexible and supportive service. We provide an opportunity for all relevant people to work together to meet the special educational needs and disabilities of the individual child:
- children/young people 0-25
- other professionals
The Service also provides advice and support relating to the admissions process and school exclusion.
The Service can offer you
- Confidential and impartial information, advice and support to parents/carers/children and young people (0-25 years)
- Information about Blackburn with Darwen’s Local Offer bwd-localoffer.org.uk
- Information, advice and support on subjects including local policy and practice, personalisation, personal budgets, preparation for adulthood, the law on SEN and Disability, Health and Social Care.
- Information, advice and support throughout the Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) assessment process. Also, information, advice and support on transferring existing Statements, IPRAs to Education, Health & Care Plan
- Information, advice and support about additional SEN support in school.
- Individual casework
- Support in preparing for and attending meetings
- Help in filling in forms and writing letters/reports
- Support in resolving disagreements, including disagreement resolution, mediation and tribunals
- Information, advice and support relating to school transitions and exclusions
- Signposting to other local or national sources of advice, information and support
- Links to local parent support groups and forums
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Jane Partington
- Contact Position
- SENDIASS Lead Officer
FaceBook: Jane Partington Blackburn with Darwen SENDIASS
Mo Banks - firstname.lastname@example.org 07947 934717
- Parent Organisation
- Information Advice and Support Services Network
Where to go
- Community Hub
35 Railway Road
- BB1 1EZ
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Referral to the Service
- Blackburn with Darwen SENDIASS only takes referrals directly from parents.
- We encourage professionals to signpost parents/carers to our Service, we do not take direct referrals from professionals without the consent of the parents.
- A parent may feel unable to make the request, in which case we recommend that the professional makes contact with the service on their behalf.
- Parents can contact the service by phone, email or FaceBook private message
- Other notes
We can offer you
- Personal and confidential information, advice and support relating to special educational needs and disability
- One to one advice and support on school transition
- Help to understand the SEND assessment procedures (Education & Health Care Plans)
- Information and signposting to relevant statutory and/or voluntary sector organisations including the Parent /Carer Forum and Disability Links
- Information in accessing mediation and Disagreement Resolution Service; advice on the procedures for appeals to the Special Educational Needs & Disability Tribunal.
- Information on the Local Offer
- Local Offer Age Bands
Parents & carers
- Needs Level
- SEN Provision Type