Care Network Hub
Care Network offers people living in Blackburn with Darwen a free information and guidance service.
Care Network believes that everyone is entitled to an independent, healthy and safe life.
Care Network Hub is a unique community and multi-agency hub with information on activities and support available across Blackburn with Darwen.
Our friendly helpdesk staff provide information and support to access relevant health and wellbeing options so that people know what support is available to them and can make informed decisions about their lives.
As well as the information and signposting services, the hub hosts peer-support groups (inc The Men's Club), advice sessions, coffee mornings, as well as celebration and awareness raising events for all.
Some groups meet weekly, others meet monthly. No appointment necessary.
Please see monthly listing below or click on the link in the Downloads box..
Visit Care Network Hub for information on:
- staying independent
- improving wellbeing
- home safety and maintenance
- meeting new people and having fun
- positive mental health and stress management
- what's on in the local community
- health and social care – getting the right help and support
- living with a disability
- living with long term health conditions
- third party hate crime reporting
- volunteering opportunities
- assisted technology – gadgets to stay safe
- employment support and work clubs
Helpdesk staff are available to provide help when required, however, if you have a specific support need and/or enquiry that may take some time, it's advisable to contact the service before your visit to make an appointment. You can also provide further information and request a call back via the online referral form.
You can access this service in the following ways:
- visit us at Care Network Hub, 9 Town Hall Street, Blackburn (opposite Blackburn Central Library)
- visit Care Network Hub helpdesk in Darwen Town Hall every Wednesday 9am - 5pm
- call the helpdesk team on 01254 507255 (option 2)
- email: email@example.com
- complete an online referral form for yourself or someone you care for www.carenetwork.org.uk/make-a-referral
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 10:00 to 17:00 / 5.00 pm
Thursday 10:00 to 15:30 / 3.30 pm
To download a list of this months activities click here - www.carenetwork.org.uk/events-and-activities
Who to contact
Where to go
- Care Network Hub
9, Town Hall Street
- BB2 1AG
- Referral required
- Other notes
Fully accessible venue with accessible toilets
British Sign Language interpertation is immediately available from the Helpdesk via Signphone.
Hearing loop system
The service is managed by local charity Care Network
- Local Offer Age Bands
Parents & carers
- Needs Level
- SEN Provision Type