Trampolining and activity sessions - ASD and Disability friendly
Several venues not far from Blackburn and Darwen schedule sessions suitable for children and young people with a special educational need or disability.
https://www.energiparks.co.uk/activities/energi-autism 01772 440400
Energi Autism and Sensory Sessions 5.00pm - 6.00pm
Individuals who exercise regularly tend to benefit from positive responses including improvements in physical coordination, positive changes in behaviour, higher impulse control and less behavioural problems.
For families with an individual with autism, regular trampoline usage is not just a great way to channel their child’s sensory stimulation requirements — it can also be a tool to help a child improve their motor skills through games played on the trampoline.
Flip Out (Preston)
https://www.flipout.co.uk/locations/preston/ 01772 802055
Our autism evenings run 6-7pm every 2 weeks on Thursday and are especially for individuals on the autistic spectrum. During this session there's no music and no disco lights. Admission costs just £6 and includes HOT DOG .Parent or carer go free. Siblings will be charged the same rate. Socks are also required for the jumper and carer and can be purchased for £1.50pp
Air Unlimited (Burnley)
Jump Works (Accrington): Monday evenings, 6pm
What we offer
- Rebound therapy
- Disability sessions
- SEN and ASD friendly sessions
All with friendly, trained marshals in an environment that is safe with your needs in mind!
Autism friendly sessions
- Lights at a comfortable level,
- Music on low and with calm music,
- Freedom of movement around the park with use of both arena’s,
- Autistic and SEN jumpers only,
- Carers jump for free,
- Calm room, no lights, no music to relax in.
Benefits of rebound therapy
- Strength of limbs
- Muscle tone
- Reaction speed
- Eye contact
- Freedom of movement
- Sense of achievement
- Spacial awareness
- Body awareness
- Social awareness
- Consideration of others
- Trust and confidence in Coach/Assistant
- Colour recognition
- Height and depth perception
- Fun and enjoyment
The disability sessions will allow for carers /families to bring their clients/students/family to the park to use the facilities; however, at the moment we can only accommodate for people who are assisted to the trampolines,
Unfortunately we cannot provide a hoisting system.
SEN and ASD friendly sessions
- Safe bouncing, supervised by trained marshals
- Calm environment
- Use of both arenas
- Good socialising opportunity
- Good opportunity to use communication skills in our cafe area
- Private session for ASD and SEN groups
For further information please feel free to contact the Jump Works and we will be very happy to provide any details you need and to also book you on to these sessions,
The Jump Works, Sydney Street, Accrington BB5 6EG
Tel: 01254 781117 Email: Info@thejumpworks.co.uk
Air Unlimited (Burnley)
These customised sessions are designed to accommodate and encourage young people with autism to have fun in a relaxed, peaceful environment.
- relaxed autism friendly sessions are available every Sunday 9am – 10am
- with a 2 hour session on Monday between 6pm to 8pm
- bounce for up to two hours for £6.50
- free for parents and carers
- complimentary refreshments for our jumpers and designated quiet rooms available
Unit 3 Spring Gardens, Burnley, BB11 3AQ.
Call: 01282 930300
- Referral required
- Local Offer Age Bands
Parents & carers