Friends of the Local Offer (FoLO)
Would you like to help make things better for children and young people aged 0-25 with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND) in Blackburn with Darwen?
... Then join our volunteers group, Friends of the Local Offer.
We are a small, friendly group of parents/carers of children and young people with SEND.
Meetings are fun and informative, and always include coffee, tea and cake or biscuits, but ... most importantly ... we are making a real difference!
You can read our information leaflet by clicking on FoLO in the Downloads box.
Where to go
- We meet in various public places around Blackburn with Darwen.
Please email us to find out where our next meeting will be held.
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- The group meets once a month, on a Monday or Friday morning from 10:00 to 12 noon
- Time of day
- Session Information
Please call Sarah on (01254) 666511 to find out about our next meeting
Or email us at email@example.com
Our aim is to find ways to help families to help themselves, by recommending improvements to information, guidance and the services available to families locally - in short to help you to make the most of the local offer.
Below are just some of the things the group has achieved so far:
- Made lots of improvements to Blackburn with Darwen’s Local Offer website
- Changed information and guidance to make it much more family friendly
- Provided advice to professionals on sharing information
- Helped to develop and review important strategies for the Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council
- Contact Email
- Local Offer Age Bands
Parents & carers
- Needs Level
- SEN Provision Type