Potens - Olive Tree Domiciliary Services
Olive Tree is one of 2 Blackburn based services offered by Potens in the UK and supports adults (18+).
Potens has over 25 years’ experience of delivering specialist community, supported living, respite, day opportunities and residential services for children and adults with learning disabilities, autism, mental health and complex needs.
We provide services nationally through registered supported and independent living services, domiciliary care, residential care, respite and day opportunity services.
Encouraging the individuals in our care to do as much as they can for themselves.
Understanding that each individual is unique, and recognising our individual differences.
Treating people in such a way that the outcome can be the same.
A range of possibilities to achieve individual outcomes.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Olive Tree Domiciliary Services - Office
37, King Street
- BB2 2DH
If you are visiting the office, please be aware that there is a short flight of quite steep steps leading to the front door. By arrangement, we can give you access through our disabled access point.
We have a sensory room in our building on King Street. Any of the people we support can use it. It is a calm, warm and safe place. Please call us to book this if you wish to use it or have a look at it. The sensory room is on the ground floor of our building.
- Costs vary depending on your assessment. You can use your Personal Budget to pay for our services.
- Age Ranges
- Adults from 18 years old
- Referral required
- Referral Details
If you would like to use our services ...
- Give us a call or send us an email and the Registered Manager will tell you all about the service.
- We can then arrange a meeting so you can ask questions.
- If you are interested we will ask you to complete a form.
- We will then work with the person, parents and social worker to do a full assessment to make sure our service is appropriate.
- We will write to the social worker/ nominated person confirming the offer of a placement.
- We will all work together to support a smooth transition.
Olive Tree Domiciliary Services
Most people live independently in their own homes. However, if you are frail or have long term careneeds, this can be difficult without the help and support of other people and services. Help with personal care and other practical household tasks is called Domiciliary Care.
- We offer a much needed domiciliary service to Blackburn and the surrounding areas. We offer person centred support aimed at promoting independence and achieving outcomes.
- We are a skilled team, many of whom have supported children, young people and adults with learning disabilities, autism and associated conditions for many years.
- We work in local communities to provide services which maximises the independence of the individuals who access them. We promote connecting people to their local community in a meaningful way so they are a valued member of the community.
- We believe in empowering people to have a voice, that is heard, building on strengths and finding creative ways in overcoming barriers so that achievement is maximised.
Opportunities for Success
A Person centred approach is the key and creating services based on interests and preferences helps to achieve outcomes from a needs point of view.
The more motivated a person is, the more likely they will succeed in their chosen lives.
Our key objectives
- Health & Well-being
- Environment & Lifestyle
- Equal opportunities
- Recreation & Leisure
- Occupation – Education & Employment
- Keeping Yourself Safe
Our Service Offer
We have a diverse range of services to offer people and there is something for everyone:
- Outreach and domiciliary suppory
- Supported Living
- Independence in Travel
- Supported Employment
We expect high standards and positive values and attitudes from our staff.
Our continuous professional training programme means that people are supported safely with a focus on nurturing their talents and independence.
We regularly monitor competence and promote a culture of learning and self reflection.
To be the best we can be requires us to challenge ourselves in everything that we do
- Contact Name
- Jen Cottrell
- Contact Telephone
- 01254 674295
- Contact Email
- Local Offer Age Bands
Parents & carers