If you have limited access to digital equipment (computers, tablets, smartphones) or would like some help to find information on Blackburn with Darwen's Local Offer website, the places listed below will be able to help.
All of these services will usually have staff available to help, but if you have a specific support need and/or enquiry it is advisable to contact the service before your visit.
If you would like to view a copy of the page that you could print and pass to someone who might like some help to access out Local Offer, please click on the link in the Downloads box.
The Town Halls in both Blackburn and Darwen have a number of computers available for use by the public.
Access to these computers is free and there are often members of staff available to help set up the computer for you.
Once you've found information on the Local Offer website, there are phones to use if you need to follow up anuthing with council departments.
If you think that you might need some assistance to use the computer, or have any other concerns about access, please do call and speak to a member of staff on the reception desk.
Blackburn Town HallKing William StreetBlackburnBB1 7DYTel: (01254) 585139Opening times: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pmhttps://www.disabledgo.com/access-guide/blackburn-with-darwen-borough-council/blackburn-town-hall
Darwen Town HallCroft StreetDarwenBB3 1BQTel: (01254) 222111Opening times: Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pmhttps://www.disabledgo.com/access-guide/blackburn-with-darwen-borough-council/darwen-town-hall
Helpdesk staff will listen to you and help you to access the Local Offer website.
- They can help you find what you're looking for and find alternative options.
- They can inform you about services that will support your health, wellbeing and independence.
No appointment is necessary.
Helpdesk staff are available to provide help throughout the day but if you have a specific support need and/or enquiry it is advisable to contact the service before you arrive.
You can access this service in the following ways:
- visit us at Care Network Hub, 9 Town Hall Street, Blackburn (opposite Blackburn Central Library)
- Opening times: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 10:00 to 17:00, Thursday 10:00 to 15:30
- visit Care Network Hub helpdesk in Darwen Town Hall every Thursday, 9am - 12noon
- call the helpdesk team on 01254 507255 (option 2)
- email: email@example.com
There are 2 Neighbourhood Learning Centres in Blackburn where members of the public can use computers and the internet.Bank Top Neighbourhood Learning CentreArthur WayBB2 1QP.01254 581175Audley and Queens Park Neighbourhood Learning CentrePringle StBB1 1SF01254 507720
These centres also run weekly drop-in sessions where people can come and learn how to use a computer, use the internet and check / send emails.
These sessions run during the term time:
Thursdays 10am - 12 noon at Bank Top NLC
Thursdays 1pm - 3pm at Audley and Queens Park NLC
Blackburn with Darwen Library and Information Service has 5 libraries.
- Blackburn - Town Hall St, Blackburn, BB2 1AG - Tel: 01254 661221
- Darwen - Knott St, Darwen, BB3 3BU - Tel: 01254 706021
- Cherry Tree/Livesey - Cherry Tree Lane, Blackburn, BB2 5NX - Tel: 01254 209442
- Mill Hill – New Chapel St, Blackburn, BB2 4DT - Tel: 01254 266380
- Roman Road - Off Fishmoor Drive, Blackburn BB2 3UY - Tel:01254 682347
Members of the public can visit any of the libraries and use a computer free of charge. You can access the internet, use the Local Offer website, check and send emails. You can also create and edit documents using applications from Google Docs.
All the libraries have slightly different opening hours so, if you want to go at a specific time, it may be useful to call ahead first.
Blackburn Central Library
Sunday Closed all day
Cherry Tree/Livesey Library
Wednesday 10am-12:30pm & 2pm-5pm
Roman Road Library
Tuesday 9am-12noon & 2pm-5pm
Mill Hill Library
Monday 10am-12:30pm & 2pm-5pm
Thursday 10am-12:30pm & 2pm-5pm