Referral / Request
If you would like to follow a signed version of this page, please click on the BSL logo and scroll down to find the title of this page.
Requesting an Assessment for a statutory Education, Health and Care Plan
The following people can make a referral (request) an EHC statutory assessment:
- a parent/carer of a child
- a young person in their own right
- any professionals working with a child, young person or family.
Please note that it is usually expected that the following will apply:
- The child or young person has severe and/or complex long term needs that affect everyday life and functioning
- The child/young person requires provision and resources that are not normally available
- Intensive help and support is required from more than one agency
- There is evidence of a graduated response from the school or setting and other agencies involved in supporting the child/young person
- Despite high levels of support the child/young person is making limited or no progress
Please click in the External Links box to see how your child's school/setting can meet special educational needs and to find out how to request an EHC statutory assessment.