Invitation to young people and their families and carers
Thursday 21st March 5.00pm to 7.00pm
Light refreshments will be provided.
Healthwatch organisations across Lancashire and South Cumbria are working closely with the NHS to make sure that young people are at the centre of redesigning children’s and young people’s mental health and emotional wellbeing services.
Across the Summer of 2018, we worked with young people with lived experience of mental health issues, their families and carers on what a great service would look like.
They told us that there are six key areas of concern:
- There isn’t enough support for young people from services.
- People in communities as well as professionals need more knowledge about mental health and its impact.
- Waiting times are too long.
- Criteria get in the way of accessing support.
- There needs to be more options for treatment.
- There is still a negative stigma about mental health.
Find out how you can contribute to the next phase of our work.
Help shape services for the future.
Professionals are also very welcome to come along to support young people, families and carers to attend.
To book places please click on the link in the External Links box.
Oswaldtwistle Mills Business and Conference Centre