Ofsted and the Care Quality Commission seek your views on proposed changes to the way they jointly inspect area SEND arrangements from 2023.
This consultation seeks your views on proposed changes to the way Ofsted and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) jointly inspect local area partnerships to assess how they work together to improve the experiences and outcomes of children and young people who have special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND).
They are seeking the widest possible range of views from those who have an interest in, or expertise relating to, disability, special educational needs (SEN) and/or alternative provision.
They particularly want to hear from children and young people who have SEND, and their parents and carers.
They are also keen to hear from local authorities, clinical commissioning groups, professionals and practitioners involved in the commissioning and delivery of services to children and young people with SEND.
Alongside the consultation document, they are also publishing:
- an easy-read version of the consultation
- the draft equalities impact statement
- the draft inspection framework and handbook
Children and young people’s consultation
They are keen to hear from children and young people who have SEND and have set up a dedicated young person’s consultation page. This is where young people can access information that is relevant to them and give their views.
Respond to the consultation
You can submit your response to the consultation by:
- completing the online survey using the link in the box across
- completing the easy read version of the survey which you can download using the link in the box across
This consultation closes at
11:45pm on 11 September 2022
Other engagement activity
Throughout the duration of the consultation period they are planning to host webinars and online focus groups for parents, carers and those working in the sector.
- Webinar for education, health and social care professionals
- Thursday 30 June, - 1:30 to 2:30 pm
- Monday 18 July, 3 to 4 pm
Webinar for parent and carers - available on-demand until 21 August 22 (please see link across)
- More information about how to register an interest in taking part in focus groups will follow. Please check the website using the link in the box across for updates