Working together to get things right in Blackburn with Darwen
We are always looking for different ways to work together with families and the Parent Champion Programme is a new and exciting opportunity to do just that.
What will Parent Champions do?
The role will include helping to:
- promote and improve Blackburn with Darwen’s Local Offer website
- encourage families to take part in engagement activities to make sure family views are heard
- improve support for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND) and their families
Who can be a Parent Champion?
If you’re a parent/carer of a child/young person with SEND, and you live in Blackburn with Darwen, you can become a parent champion. We’re not looking for experts, just positive people who care.
How will I benefit from being a Champion?
Access to training:
- how to use the Local Offer
- making my voice heard
- co-production (how to work in partnership with families and people who provide services)
- personal development/work experience
- building confidence and improving communication skills
- opportunities to meet new people and make friends
- and most importantly, knowing you will be helping others
Want to get involved or learn more?
Please click on the leaflet in the Downloads box.
This invitation sets out the dates and details for our mini series of free training sessions.
To join the Parent Champion programme, you would need to be able to commit to all 4 sessions.
If you would like more information and/or would like to book places at the sessions, please get in touch by contacting Sarah at email@example.com or phone Sarah on (01254) 666511.