Learn more about children's sensory needs and how to meet them. From the Lancashire and Cumbria SEND Improvement Programmes
About this event
Parents and carers from Lancashire, (including Blackpool and Blackburn with Darwen) and Cumbria are invited to attend a sensory education session which has been developed in conjunction with parents/carers and Occupational Therapists.
If you would like to understand more about your child's sensory needs and how to meet them, then this session will be useful for you.
You will learn:
- Information about the senses and how they work
- Different types of sensory approaches, e.g. Sensory profile, Sensory Integration Therapy
- Real-life examples and strategies to help meet your child's sensory needs
- How to calm your child down if they have sensory overwhelm
- How to help your child's school with your child's sensory needs
- Sensory needs and links with behaviour
- Where to go if you need help
- How Lancashire and Cumbria SEND partners are planning to improve meeting sensory needs of children
- Recommended resources
Please note this session will be held via Microsoft Teams online and it will be recorded and shared on the Local Offer.
Attendees will receive a link and instructions to join. Please only register if you are a parent/carer or professional from the Lancashire or Cumbria area.
This session has been organised via the Lancashire and Cumbria SEND Improvement Programmes.
Wed, 3 November 2021
10:00 – 12:00PM
Book your ticket here!! - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/176170529797