Potens - REACH Skills Centre
Reach Skills Centre is one of 2 Blackburn based services offered by Potens in the UK and supports adults (18+).
Potens has over 25 years’ experience of delivering specialist community, supported living, respite, day opportunities and residential services for children and adults with learning disabilities, autism, mental health and complex needs.
We provide services nationally through registered supported and independent living services, domiciliary care, residential care, respite and day opportunity services.
Encouraging the individuals in our care to do as much as they can for themselves.
Understanding that each individual is unique, and recognising our individual differences.
Treating people in such a way that the outcome can be the same.
A range of possibilities to achieve individual outcomes.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Reach Skills Centre
- BB2 2DH
If you are visiting the office, please be aware that there is a short flight of quite steep steps leading to the front door. By arrangement, we can give you access through our disabled access point.
Our Olive Tree Service is next door on King St and has a sensory room. Any of the people we support can use it. It is a calm, warm and safe place. Please call us to book this if you wish to use it or have a look at it. The sensory room is on the ground floor of our building.
- Costs vary depending on your assessment. You can use your Personal Budget to pay for our services.
- Age Ranges
- Adults from 18 years old
- Referral required
- Referral Details
If you would like to use our services ...
- Give us a call or send us an email and the Registered Manager will tell you all about the service.
- We can then arrange a meeting so you can ask questions.
- If you are interested we will ask you to complete a form.
- We will then work with the person, parents and social worker to do a full assessment to make sure our service is appropriate.
- We will write to the social worker/ nominated person confirming the offer of a placement.
- We will all work together to support a smooth transition.
REACH Skills Service
Reach is a Skills Centre which is available to individuals aged 18 and over who have a diagnosis of either a Learning Disability, ASD, Mental Health or Complex Health needs. The service also works closely with individuals who are transitioning from children’s services to adult services, to ensure robust and streamlined support for the learners is maintained, during what can be a stressful time for individuals.
We deliver education and training, encouraging our users to participate in meaningful activities both in the local community and in the centre itself.
- We offer a much needed skills centre to Blackburn and the surrounding areas.
- We follow a curriculum based on the ASDAN life skills challenge which allows us to offer a person centred approach to helping you become as empowered, independent and well skilled as you possibly can be.
- We are a highly passionate and skilled team, many of whom have supported children, young people and adults with learning disabilities, autism and associated conditions for many years, dedicated to teaching and guiding you to achieve new skills to help you succeed in completing your life goals, big or small.
- We work from our skills centre based in the centre of Blackburn, which helps us to access the local community and support you to increase your skills and independence to be as independent as possible, and to be able to access your community confidently and safely by following a curriculum made up from the ASDAN life skills challenges
- We believe in empowering people to have a voice, that is heard, building on strengths and finding creative ways in overcoming barriers so that achievement is maximised.
Opportunities for Success
We believe that everyone is to be given equal opportunities to be confident to live an empowered, independent life style. To achieve individual successes we create and follow an ASDAN life skills challenge curriculum around the following areas:
- Independent living skills
- Personal care
- Learning§Problem solving
- Sports and fitness
- Home management
And many more skill areas.
Our Service Offer
We offer a variety of levels of support based around our curriculum to ensure you maximise your support around the areas you feel you need the most support and guidance with:
- Shared support
- 1:1 support
- Full day support
- Half day support
We expect high standards and positive values and attitudes from our staff. Our continuous professional training programme means that people are supported safely with a focus on nurturing their talents and independence.
We regularly monitor competence and promote a culture of learning and self reflection. To be the best we can be requires us to challenge ourselves in everything that we do.
- Contact Name
- Jen Cottrell
- Contact Telephone
- 01254 674295
- Contact Email
- Local Offer Age Bands
Parents & carers